Challock church

St Cosmas & St Damian, Challock

The parish church of St Cosmas and St Damian is located in idyllic isolation on the North Downs, one mile from the centre of the village. It is a Norman church, primarily built of flint and ironstone, started about 1100 AD close to the site of a former wooden Saxon church. Christian worship has taken place at Ss Cosmas & Damian church for over 800 years and probably for many more in the Saxon church that was adjacent to this site.  The church is famous for its modern murals, the last of which was painted in 2000 to represent Christ arriving in Challock in the Millennium year.

 

Services

1st Sunday 9:30am - Holy Communion (BCP)

3rd Sunday 10:30am - Morning Prayer

5th Sunday 11am - Benefice Service, at one of the churches in the benefice (see the latest Benefice Newsletter.)

 

You can visit the village website to find out more about Challock.

 

 

Please reload

© 2015 by the King's Wood Benefice. Proudly created with Wix.com