Thinking of getting married in a church? Firstly, congratulations!
The beautiful churches of King's Wood are perfect settings for weddings; not only are they stunning venues, but we can also offer a choir, bells and an organist. Something to bear in mind first of all is the question of qualifying connection.
In law (the law of the land, not the church, so I'm afraid we have no flexibility in this) couples can marry in any church where they have a Qualifying Connection. There are six ways this can be established:
- where you or your fiancé have lived for at least six months at any stage of your life
- where either of your parents have lived for at least six months at any stage during their life
- where either you or your fiancé were christened or confirmed
- where a parent or grandparent married
- where either of your parents have been regular worshippers for at least six months during their lifetime
- where your or your fiancé have been regular worshippers for at least six months during your lifetime
If you have an existing connection with Chilham, Crundale, Challock, Molash or Godmersham any would do as we are part of the same benefice you have a qualifying connection. Otherwise I'm afraid the only option would be for one of to you attend the church regularly for a period of at least six months to establish a new Qualifying Connection, and a wedding booking would be provisional until that is completed.
Please get in contact if you would like to see the churches and talk about how to start planning your church wedding.
There's lots to think about, why not have a look at the resources below to give you a helping hand:
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/ & the book 'The Five Love Languages' by Gary Chapman
'The Marriage Book' by Nicky & Sila Lee
Book: 'Things I wish I'd Know Before We Got Married' by Gary Chapman